Thursday, September 3, 2015

Something to blog about.

"Swim with the fishes, learn how to fly. Do all the things I want to do before the time I die."
-Memoir project, May 2015

Scuba diving in the Dominican Republic.
Exploring Costa Rica. 
Train travel through Europe.
Dancing barefoot in the pouring rain.

My passion is LIFE. Living life to the fullest and taking advantage of all the things it has to offer. I believe that everyone should do things in life that makes their breath catch, heart race, and creates unforgettable memories. I want to see the world and experience things that I read in books and see on TV. I've been lucky to cross a few things off my bucket list, but my list is much longer. To write about where I've been and what I have already seen would be effortless. I could go on about the beauty of nature and the feeling of pure happiness that comes when you are truly out in the world, feeling confident in yourself and content with your life. The brightest spots in my life are the times when I have lived in the moment, experiencing things as they came. I hope that sharing these experiences with other people might inspire them to do the same. 

_________________________________________________________________________________


The People Watching Blog

Kind of weird. King of creepy. But totally fun. 
Whenever I'm out and about, I tend to keep my head up and look around. I like to spend time outside of my own head and observe what other people are doing. I have never had a problem being alone, so if I'm sitting down and eating my eyes wander and I find myself thinking about what other people are thinking about. If someone looks very worried, I try to imagine what the root of their worries might be. Like in the first scene of Crazy, Stupid, Love, I occasionally invent a scenario. And with a campus chock full of emotional college students, there are so many possibilities. 

6 comments:

  1. This is very unique! Actually, I like it because we often forget what kinds of world we are in since we are busy doing what we suppose to do. Nowadays, especially to college students, people never take break from what they are doing. We need a break, take a breathe, and feel the beauty of our lives. I hope your blog would show us that beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At first the topic seemed a bit overwhelming, but the more I read, the more it made sense. I do think that we are so caught up in everything going on that we forget to stop and enjoy the beauty right in front of us. I'm excited to follow your blog this semester. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both ideas! The people watching blog would be a lot of fun to read simply because of how unusual it is. It would be refreshing. Reading about the experiences of others has always been very fun. If it is done exceptionally well a reader can almost feel as if they had experienced the same thing. I would think that your first blog idea would be the more practical of the two, but would definitely be interested in reading about "people-watching" as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe both ideas are pretty cool. I think the people watching blog would hold my interest more. It was be interesting to see how you interpret people and what they say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Natalia, after reading your two potential blog approaches, I already sense that your waters run deeply! I appreciate your sense of wonder, intrigue, and zeal for living an observant life.

    Option one highlights your passion but *might* potentially be vague/abstract. You can prevent this blog from spiraling into repetition if you find a specific angle each week, though. Choosing vivid examples or experiences will help the ideas to become more concrete for your audience, too.

    Option two would highlight others perhaps more than yourself, but who doesn't like people watching? I LOVE people watching!

    Both topics have great potential. You can't go wrong here. Good luck deciding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would suggest that you do the people watching one for no reason other than the fact that I have never done it. I am unaware of any of my friends that have done it and I half way wonder how someone can do it. While I am sure it's all about the imagination I think it would be cool to hear all of the stories that you could make from it.

    ReplyDelete